Thursday, July 15, 2010

First Week of Sonlight

With this being our first week using the new curriculum we have just been taking things easy and not trying to do too much at once.

I am working on getting into a routine so everything flows smoothly.

I printed out the spelling words and laminated them so Evie could trace the words and rub it off and practice it. I am going to try to post this as a downloadable document for anyone who would like to use it.

IMG_4579

Spelling Words Week 1 Download

For a handwriting lesson I used the Week 1 memory verse. I used a dotted font and handwriting lines, to practice on. I then printed the lines on a pretty background paper for a ‘good copy’

I will also try to put this up here for download…

IMG_4584

Memory Verse Handwriting page download

For the copy work in the Language Arts worksheet I printed lined paper and wrote out the sentence for her to copy.

IMG_4580

I downloaded the lined paper from here.IMG_4612

IMG_4601

A collage of season pictures. I printed off a page of clipart, and gave to the girls to sort into the right seasons and glue to a page.IMG_4604

Evie’s spelling words on the black board. She enjoyed doing this, I think she just likes to write really big. :)

IMG_4608

Loving the Singapore Maths books too. I am really happy with how much Evie enjoys maths.

IMG_4613

Evie often starts maths quizzes in the car. She will start by asking me a sum (“Mum, what is 4 +5”) I will answer and then it’s my turn to ask her. I hated maths in school, so I am really glad that she enjoys practicing something that is so necessary for life.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like things are going well for you with Sonlight so far. :-)

    Thanks for the downloads, I think I might offer the spelling ones here at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used so much from your blog Kylie that it is nice to be able to share something back :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the spelling words on a ring idea. I do love the look of Sonlight.
    I have an award for you over at my blog. If you get a chance I invite you to come on over
    http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2010/07/bloggy-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of using the memory verse for handwriting practice.

    I'll have the pics up from the photo shoot of my latest skirt on Monday. My previous post has the tute on how you can make one, too. See you then.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete