Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Creation themed MTM

There are no themes for MTM at the moment, Michelle decided to take a break. While it is fun to just throw stuff in the tin for lunch, it is also really great to be able to back up a lesson with something that the children can see, touch and figure out, and if they can eat it too… Yay!

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

So this muffin tin meal is a Creation theme, we did a recap on Creation this week because the girls loved it so much the first time.

Here is what we had

Creation theme; light and dark choc, water to drink, strawberry 'flowers, sun moon and star, banana dolphin and fritz duck, rabbit bread and fritz person, honey sandwich 'bed'

Light and Dark – chocolate

Oceans – water to drink

Plants – Strawberry tulips

Sun, moon and stars – Jatz moon, cheese star, bread and tomato sauce sun

Sea creatures and birds – Fritz duck and banana dolphin

Animals and people – bread and honey rabbit and fritz person

Rest – honey sandwich ‘bed’

Creation theme; light and dark choc, water to drink, strawberry 'flowers, sun moon and star, banana dolphin and fritz duck, rabbit bread and fritz person, honey sandwich 'bed'

A close up of the banana dolphin. Georgia got really excited about this little guy. It did turn out pretty cute. ;)

I had fun thinking this MTM up.

If you’d like to join head on over to Muffin Tin Mom and link up!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm glad Princess hadn't gotten that far. I would have cried if she'd scalped herself. At least this I'm able to view with some amusement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, very original and creative. I love the tins that go along with a lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. I love the dolphin. I have trouble getting muffins out of my tin. I think it is me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, your banana dolphin is ADORABLE! How wonderfully creative. :)

    ReplyDelete