Wednesday, February 3, 2010

MTM Dr Seuss

Since I was a kids I have been a big fan of Dr Seuss (who hasn't?!) and I thrilled to bits the my kids love the stories too.
Georgia's favourite is Horton Hears a Who, and since this weeks theme for MTM was Dr Seuss, that is what we had for lunch on Monday (yes I actually had an MTM on a Monday, YAY).

For lunch the girls had;


Strawberry 'clover' with a grape 'speck'
Couscous for the pile of clovers 'Vlad' hides Horton's spec in
Strawberry yogurt 'swamp'
Peanut butter sandwich 'trees' of the jungle
Rice cakes and vegemite 'mountains'
and lastly a big glass of 'beezlenut oil' aka apple and cranberry juice

I didn't get to do the shopping that I had intended to do before lunch so it was just what we had on hand so it is very simple but it made a big impression and they ate it all. This is success!

6 comments:

  1. Great idea! I forgot about Horton- we have the movie but not the book, but my boys love the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was great! very cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked out a bunch of Dr. Seuss books from the library in anticipation of MTM. My daughter enjoyed the story of Horton Hears a Who, but I think it was a little too long for her.

    Your lunch is very clever. Cute.

    Thanks for your comments on my blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clover with the speck. JDaniel loves Horton right now. Great tin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an award for you! Here is the link: http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/2010/02/three-awards-to-pass-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the tip.

    I love finding other aussie homeschoolers so I am now a follower. :)

    ReplyDelete