Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Story and Craft

Reading the Christmas story has become a yearly tradition for us. This year however I wanted to make it more memorable for the girls.
We read the story from our child's King James illustrated bible (the most accurate version I have found) Evie was really interested so I'm thrilled already.
Afterwards I suggested we could make our own stars just like the ones the wise men followed to Bethlehem. This was a hit, we cut the shapes out and then Evie and Georgia covered them in glitter glue, Georgia really got a kick out of the glitter glue.

This is technically our first Bible lesson, we talk about God often as a family but rarely have I been able to incorporate this type of lesson into our day, I think this is a really great step.

2 comments:

  1. The star looks great! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I can finally leave a comment on your absolutely awesome blog! I have been struggeling to leave comments and this has been really frustrating as I had no way to contact you to say a huge thank you for all the wonderful comments that you left on my blog. I visit your blog often and I truly love it to bits!! From now on you will hear loads more from my side!

    ReplyDelete