Thursday, October 29, 2009

Summer Wardrobe Refashions


I have been determined to make a good portion of the girls (and mine) clothes for summer this year. I have been so tired of all the usual stuff in shops, everything in pink or purple, very boring.
I have been hunting around op-shops or garage sales for fabric and have had some great successes. Metres of fabric for a couple of dollars - yes thank you.
Refashioning is also a great way to sew up some clothes for the kids, I haven't tried any for me yet, but you know how it goes, kids come first then mummy, so I may get some new clothes some time in the future... probably. ;)
I love the freedom of sewing with thrifted fabric or refashioning clothes. It takes so much pressure off becuase I am using $2 worth of fabric instead of $30 or more.
I also have a huge stash now, I am putting a stop to anymore fabric buys until I get through most of the fabric I have.
Here are some of my creations to date. I'm sorry the photos aren't better but my models were in bed for most of these photos.


I picked up this fabric at Lincraft for $3, the skirts are a simple two-rectanges-and-some-elastic skirt, so easy to make.



This skirt for Evie (looks much nicer in person) is from a dress I bought that just didn't seem to be made correctly (what's with that??). I cut it off added some elastic, tada a skirt!



This is my first attempt at a shired dress. I started off with the fabric a little too narrow so it's small but still fits Georgia, she loves it because it's strawberries.


My second attempt at shiring turned out much better. I got two of these outfits out of a length the I picked up from the op-shop for $1.50.


Some more simple skirts, pink and green floral is from a garage sale for about 20c (!!) and the pink is from lincraft for $6 I made two skirts from that ;) this one has a lace edge the other for Georgia has a rikrak trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment